Yummy! These were a favorite around my house when I was growing up. My grandma or my mom found this recipe in a magazine and we have been making it ever since. I found this recipe on recipezaar too, so someone else must be making the recipe as well! The recipe is very similar to scalloped potatoes but without the heavy cream. I love these potatoes and the onions add a wonderful element. I like to pair these potatoes with roasted chicken or even meatloaf. As you can see in my picture I paired them with roasted chicken leg quarters and green beans. We also had a wonderful bottle of Pinot Grigio with dinner. Thanks Brooke!!
Parmesan Potato Rounds
- 6 large russet potatoes (sliced about 1/8-inch thick)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (can use a little more or less)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (can use garlic salt, just omit the white salt)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated ( use more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter a small baking dish.
- Place a layer of sliced potatoes in the bottom of the dish, then season with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder.
- Sprinkle with some sliced onions.
- Drizzle with a little melted butter.
- Repeat layering in the same matter ending up with a layer of potatoes.
- Drizzle the top layer of potatoes with melted butter, and then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.