I spotted this recipe and I knew I wanted to try it. My mom had even shared some of her asparagus that she found on sale. My husband is not a huge fan of it so this was a perfect vegetarian meal for me to cook for me. I loved the combination of all the vegetables. I ate this as leftovers for lunch for 2 days last week. It reheats wonderfully. I added some Parmesan cheese on top it was even better. The only part of the recipe that took some time was cutting all the vegetables. I suggest you try this if you are looking for a great vegetarian meal.
Linguine with Spring Vegetables
source: Everyday Food, Martha Stewart
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 1 pound asparagus (tough ends removed), cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise (quartered if large) and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas (stem ends trimmed), halved
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 4 minutes short of al dente; add asparagus, zucchini, and snap peas. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta mixture, and set aside.
- In the same pot, bring cream and butter to a simmer. Toss in pasta mixture and enough pasta water to create a thin sauce (it will thicken as it stands). Season with salt and pepper, and top with tarragon.