I’m always on the look out for new salmon recipes and when I spotted this one I knew I wanted to try it. I loved that I had all of the ingredients on hand too! This recipe came together quite quickly but I did have to make some modifications because of my kitchen equipment. The recipe directs you to cook one side of the salmon in the pan on the stove and then flip the salmon over and place the pan in the oven. Sadly, I don’t own a pan that can be put in the oven. If I had known almost 3 years ago that I would want/need better pans I would have registered for them! Argh! So, needless to say, I cooked the salmon in the pan and then transferred it to a baking pan and put it in the oven.
Salmon with Maple-Lemon Glaze
source: Cooking Light
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add fish to bag; seal. Refrigerate 10 minutes, turning bag once.
3. Remove fish from bag, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute.
4. Heat a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes. Turn fish over. Brush marinade evenly over fish. Broil 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.