I made this for dinner last summer when the weather was blazing hot here and the last thing we wanted to do was fire up the stove or the oven. We decided to barbecue, which was the best idea ever. I have used this recipe with beef too and it turned out just as well.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 onion, cut into wedges and separated
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- In a shallow dish, mix together olive oil, cumin, chopped cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken, and mix well. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Thread chicken, zucchini, onion, red bell pepper, and tomatoes onto skewers.
- Brush grill with oil, and arrange skewers on hot grate. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, turning to cook evenly.