I must admit that when it comes to food I judge a book by it’s cover and it’s title too. I saw this in Cooking Light and knew I had to make it. Every time I picked up the magazine I was drawn to the recipe. I think knowing that I had chicken breasts in the freezer helped me to decide that I would add this to the menu for the week. I was looking forward to this meal the whole week!
This recipe was so easy to put together. I loved that I didn’t feel rushed when I was prepping it. The marinade for the chicken was wonderful and smelled great. The salsa was so easy to toss together. I chopped a little extra cilantro and added it to the salsa. I couldn’t resist trying a spoonful of the salsa. I could have eaten the whole bowl! When the chicken was cooking I was thinking about how delicious a margarita would have been with this meal. Too bad I didn’t have any of the makings! Drinking by myself wouldn’t have been much fun either! My husband is working nights right now but that will hopefully change soon! I was so thankful that I have a great grill pan for my chicken! It made wonderful marks. I think this would work out great on the grill too. I served my chicken with some Spanish rice. I suggest you make this for your family or even company.
Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa
source: Cooking Light
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato (about 2)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped
1. To prepare chicken, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss and let stand 3 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
2. To prepare salsa, combine tomato and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a medium bowl. Add avocado; stir gently to combine. Serve salsa over chicken.